**NOTE: Due to a conflict with the SBA Town Hall, our webinar "COVID Advice for Employers" is being rescheduled to Wednesday, April 8 at 10AM.**
Join Chamber member Neil Stern, Esq. for a free webinar on what you as an employer or employee need to know in the time of COVID-19:
As a business owner it doesn't matter right now whether you are large or small, in manufacturing or services, multistate or local. We are all in uncharted waters, facing operational, fiscal and human resource challenges like none we've ever faced.
As an employment lawyer -- and small business owner -- I've been immersed in these issues for the past few weeks and I'm looking forward to sharing some of my knowledge and insights with you. Here are just a few of the topics we will be touching upon:
* What options does a business have for managing its employees and contractors during the upcoming downturn?
* What is an employer obligated to do to minimize health risks to my employees, and are there
creative steps you can take even if you're not legally required to do so?
* What are the rules surrounding the "essential business" designation under Gov. Pritzker's shelter-in-place order?
* How can you plan strategically for this downturn, in order to maximize the likelihood the business will survive?
* What are the requirements of the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act and the Emergency FMLA Expansion Act, and how do they apply to you?
All participants will also receive the opportunity for a free one-on-one follow-up consultation. Looking forward to seeing you!