What does the legalization of recreational cannabis in Illinois mean for you and our community?
The Northcenter Chamber of Commerce is proud to host this free community forum to better educate our residents and business owners about the new cannabis legislation effective January 1st, 2020.
A moderated panel with a variety of experts will discuss the legislative, public health, restorative justice and economic impacts of legal recreational cannabis in Illinois.
Audience members will have the opportunity to submit questions for the panel about legal recreational cannabis in Illinois. You may submit questions in advance to email@example.com
- Moderator: Tom Schuba, Chicago Sun-Times
- State Senator Heather Steans
- Erica Lindsay, Professor of "Cannabis and the Law" at Oakton Community College
- Katelyn Johnson, ActionNow & BlackRoots Alliance
- Alysia Tate, Cabrini Green Legal Aid
- Bryan Zises, co-owner, Dispensary 33
- Wilnise Jasmin, Chicago Department of Public Health
This event is free and open to the public. Due to limited capacity at the venue, please register to ensure a seat. The forum will be livestreamed on our Facebook page for those who cannot attend in person.