Join the Hoyt Interactive Media Team!
David L. Hoyt, the founder of Hoyt Interactive Media, is the author of Jumble seen in more than 600 newspapers, as well as the inventor and author of two additional word puzzles that appear each day in USA Today. He also creates word puzzles for mobile apps and games online.
Hoyt Interactive Media is looking for a Personal Assistant to join our team. This person will report directly to Mr. Hoyt.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing puzzle deadlines,
- Editing puzzles,
- Data entry,
- Coordinating meetings and phone calls,
- Managing correspondence via email
- Assisting in the creation of word puzzles and brain teasers.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Work well independently
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Have some graphic design skills and be familiar with Photoshop, InDesign, CorelDraw or similar
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have a passion for literacy and puzzles
The job of Personal Assistant is a part-time contract position for a maximum of 25 hours/week. No benefits are available at this time. Compensation starts at $18/hour. The schedule of the Personal Assistant will be flexible, but there will be an expectation for daily morning check-ins via phone or video call Monday-Friday and some Saturdays.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and two references (one personal, one professional) to David Hoyt at firstname.lastname@example.org.